The Aggie Experience Council is dedicated to sharing the Aggie experience and telling the Texas A&M story. Its mission to provide university guests with the highest quality campus experience is inseparable from its mission to inform others about the academic excellence, student life, history and traditions of Texas A&M. It welcomes and seeks to serve persons of all racial, ethnic and geographic groups and helps to create an unparalleled Aggieland experience for everyone who visits the campus of Texas A&M University.
Our Service and Responsibilities
Aggie Experience Council members have been selected because they are leaders who exemplify excellence, selfless service and the Aggie spirit. Through their leadership and service, AEC members bridge past, present and future Aggies and are entrusted to continue the legacy and culture of greatness that set Aggies apart from all others. Aggie Experience Council members make a commitment to:
- Share their Aggie experience
- Tell the Texas A&M story
- Create a welcoming campus environment
- Greet and provide information to campus visitors
- Lead at least one campus tour per week for prospective students, former students and other university guests
- Lead campus tours and host activities for groups from their hometowns
- Conduct private tours for VIPs and other special guests
- Assist Athletics Department in football gameday and recruiting activities
- Participate in panel discussions for prospective students and their families
- Serve as hosts for special university events
- Participate in Marketing & Communications projects and programs
- Model for Marketing & Communications media collateral
- Participate in training sessions from Marketing & Communications and other university departments
- Attend monthly meetings
- Volunteer a minimum of eight hours per month as a greeter or tour guide at the Appelt Aggieland Visitor Center
- Respectfully represent Texas A&M University, Division of Marketing & Communications, Appelt Aggieland Visitor Center and the organization in all areas of involvement
- Submit annual dues of $35
Members of the Aggie Experience Council are from diverse academic, cultural and geographic backgrounds and are considered to be among Texas A&M's premier student representatives.
Membership applications are accepted during the fall semester, and the selection process includes an application review, audition and interview. Applicants must be full-time students in good standing with the university and have attended Texas A&M for at least one full academic year.
Once accepted into AEC membership, students will maintain membership until graduation, as long as they remain in good standing with the organization, their academic college and the university.